Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

It's quiet here on the farm this morning, there's some fog so  you can't see Mount Nemo from our house, which gives us a feeling of isolation from the rest of the planet. It's just me and our dog Molé, and maybe a few customers. The rest of the family is back at school (Rebecca is now in grade 3, Alex grade 6, and Wendy is teaching at Nelson once again). The buses for school were late, typical for the first day, new drivers and all. Alexander's driver asked me for directions, so who knows if they made it to school!

I took the photo just before Alexander and I headed off to the end of the driveway to meet the bus. This is our bed of Tidal Wave Petunias, which I posted on this blog earlier in the summer. As you can see they are doing great. If you want a carefree bed of flowers, you can't beat the Tidal Waves. Water as needed, they fill in quickly so you don't have to do much weeding, they're maintenance free to!

Sorry about the picture quality, I hadn't noticed my camera was set to "night time"....oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment